Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Sweetspot

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by Sweetspot »

May 4, 1940
SmilinJackMay4,1940.jpg
SmilinJackMay4,1940.jpg (39.55 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
A detail of the strip of May 4, 1940
SmilinJackMay4,1940DETAIL.jpg
SmilinJackMay4,1940DETAIL.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
May 6, 1940
SmilinJackMay6,1940.jpg
SmilinJackMay6,1940.jpg (65.51 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Smilin's Jack

Post by web-ed »

I'm going to have to add these new excellent finds to the existing pages, Phil. And we'll be seeing your other Smilin' Jack discoveries early in the New Year along with a few of mine and Andre's, so everyone will want to stay tuned. :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/10/2017

Post by web-ed »

The October Spanking Search Report:
Pages searched: 1350
Total: 568169
Comic Spankings: 0

Yep, I'm afraid October was another big goose-egg as far as new spankings discovered. Of course, when you only have time to search 1350 pages, you can't expect much. At least those 590 remaining comic books are not going anywhere until I can get to them, nor the large number of Condorito issues I had imported from Venezuela a year ago (I've gone through maybe a dozen of them). The Humorama search hasn't turned up much either: I think I obtained three digests during the month, none of which contained a single spanking! :x

Of course, none of this is of any immediate importance. My big problem now is finding the time to keep CSR going - with thousands of files in the "New Material" folder (not all of them spankings, of course), including many great additions this past year from Phil S. and Doctor Cylon, we're not about to run out of material any time soon. And since the supply of new Golden Age scans is much less than it used to be (I'll explain why another time), I should be able to catch up eventually.

I still don't have any end date set for our current Comic Strip Series. Once we conclude the current Popeye mini-series, perhaps I can make a short announcement of where we'll be going over the next few months. I can promise lots of exciting new strip discoveries by Phil S. (and myself too, if strip reprints may be counted), plus Phil has also found some other newspaper spankings not in the funny pages that we should probably schedule once we finally reach the conclusion of the strip material.

Sweetspot’s Counts
New Spankings: 34 (as of Popeye #5)
Identified Spankings: 2

This Week's Updates:

The Comic Strip Series continues with our Popeye mini-series as once again Olive Oyl is spanked by her father.

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with the third of a four-spanking mini-series of Olive Oyl from Popeye. :)

I think these are all good scenes, but of course as I have noted Olive Oyl is not the ideal spankee (although she does make for a humorous one), and then again, paternal spankings are probably less popular than erotically-charged romantic ones (although the paternal variety would seem to be more common and more likely to occur in comics since spankings were so common in American families, and of course still occur to this day). The last two Olive-spankings both feature Popeye as the spanker (he's a natural for the role, obviously), which some will see as a decided improvement.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB- ED CSR :D :D Nice find Phil 8-) some new Smilin jack comics can`t wait to see them :D :D :D Fanning have not heard that word use in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT!!!Love this week Olive Oyl`s spanking 8-) perfect position with her bottom sticking up also like how Popeye is there laughing and enjoying it :lol: :lol: :lol: the after spanking is Great with Olive :twisted: chair sitting :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) Ma should know no female is too old for a spanking 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: Fantastic Drawing!!! THANKS 8-) 8-) 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Looks like old Cole is ambidextrous. He has switched from right hand to left hand as he tans Olive's bum. :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I thought your comments about the difference between this strip and others of the time were both insightful and interesting. As for this strip, I like the story and thought Olive's father certainly knew exactly how to handle a naughty girl :D . Good update. Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:HI web-ed,

I thought your comments about the difference between this strip and others of the time were both insightful and interesting. As for this strip, I like the story and thought Olive's father certainly knew exactly how to handle a naughty girl :D . Good update. Thanks, Phil
Thanks, Phil! I want to do justice to the comics material on CSR, and not just "phone it in" by posting it with explanation or comment.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/17/2017

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with our Popeye mini-series as Popeye Spanks Olive Oyl.

Another busy week for me as the mail box remains unopened, but I should be able to get to it soon since I've already started coding next week's update, which is the finale of our Popeye mini-series. I don't have anything special planned for Thanksgiving Day since, as I've noted before, that's the holiday that has inspired the least amount of spanking art, although I may put up one cartoon of a BDSM turkey on the Home Page as a decoration. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!! Surprise there not many Thanksgiving spanking drawings :shock: seen a few ! but hey there plenty of Christmas spanking drawing to enjoy :D :D :D Kind of glad to see Popeye during the spanking this time plus it have a happy ending :twisted: :lol: :lol: Olive Oyl might not be the very shapely in fact no shape at all spankee in comic but it nice to see her getting spanked mostly because her stuck up attitude :lol: :lol: the otk is great with Popeye pinning her arms to her side giving him a clear path to her upturned bottom 8-) the after spanking is weird as she crunch holding her burning rear :lol: :lol: :lol: Olive knows Popeye is the man for her :D :D Great drawing! Wish to see some betty boop spankings !!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Popeye spanks Olive for malicious damage to a footpath. Perhaps she should have walked on the grass :roll:.

Wonder if he will give her another spanking for posting graffiti on a fence?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

Well, Olive may not be the most erotic spankee but when she gets a spanking, it's a good one :lol: . It looks like Popeye is really giving her a blistering in this one :D . She also seems to be a good example of those conflicting emotions that girls have when they get a spanking. She hates Popeye for treating her this way but loves him at the same time because he gave her the spanking she knows full well she richly deserved and didn't let her get away with behaving like a spoiled, naughty little girl :lol: . I like the panel of her holding her bottom after the spanking as much as I liked the spanking scene itself. Both are good indications of just how hard Popeye spanked her 8-) . I think Popeye could have saved himself a lot of time and trouble if he had just taken her to the bedroom and given her a good screwing right after he finished spanking her :lol: .Good update :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/24/2017

Post by web-ed »

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and please don't get caught up in the "Black Friday" mania to the extent you risk life and limb. :lol:

This week: The Comic Strip Series continues with the conclusion of our Popeye mini-series as Popeye Spanks Olive Oyl once again - and this time, it's drawn by the strip's creator, E. C. Segar.

It's actually a pretty good scene. With Popeye, the best we can expect is way-out fantasy and some good humor - we know we aren't going to have "Good Girl Art" or a spanking with too much in the way of erotic overtones.

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with another look at Brenda Starr Spanking #1.

Currently, we have three Brenda Starr spankings in Comics Gallery 2. I had planned to do a two-part update on two of those spankings, but I realized that Phil S. has not only found these updates but discovered a brand-new spanking as well! I also have a scene from Tim that's been languishing in my files for a while now, so it looks like Brenda will take up the next three weeks.

I know this is a busy time of year, but don't forget to check in with CSR at least once a week - you don't want to miss anything! :D
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I can now add clarity if not color. October 10, 1937
PopeyeOctober10,1937.jpg
PopeyeOctober10,1937.jpg (51.74 KiB) Viewed 2646 times
October 10, 1937
PopeyeOctober10,1937DETAIL.jpg
PopeyeOctober10,1937DETAIL.jpg (43.57 KiB) Viewed 2646 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I thought this was a rather strange story line. Of course, on the other hand, I too have given some spankings for odd reasons along the way :lol: . This time the spanking doesn't appear to be a very good one. Olive actually looks rather bored. I would have thought that a smile on her face and a few hearts above her head would have been more appropriate. After all, girls do seem to like it when their bottoms get some attention from their men 8-) . Good update. Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! That Turkey should have had a female farmer bottom up on the chopping block paddling her hard :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: like that this week Olive Oyl spanking is in color 8-) 8-) :D Olive do look to be bore maybe Popeye should spank a little harder :lol: although this suppose to be Sweetpea :? :lol: :lol: the otk is good with Olive bottom sticking up high :lol: :lol: :lol: Great spanking in comic 8-) 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/24/2017

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for nailing down the exact date, Phil - I had narrowed it down to October 1937 but that was the best I could do. I will of course add this information to the page as soon as I can.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:HI WEB-ED CSR!!! That Turkey should have had a female farmer bottom up on the chopping block paddling her hard :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: like that this week Olive Oyl spanking is in color 8-) 8-) :D Olive do look to be bore maybe Popeye should spank a little harder :lol: although this suppose to be Sweetpea :? :lol: :lol: the otk is good with Olive bottom sticking up high :lol: :lol: :lol: Great spanking in comic 8-) 8-)
Let's face it, Tom Turkey was for the chop no matter what delaying tactics he tried.

Olive would have to weigh about 5 times as much as Swee' pea. Is the cartoonist suggesting Popeye had early onsite senility?
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

overbarrel49 wrote:HI web-ed,

I thought this was a rather strange story line. Of course, on the other hand, I too have given some spankings for odd reasons along the way :lol: . This time the spanking doesn't appear to be a very good one. Olive actually looks rather bored. I would have thought that a smile on her face and a few hearts above her head would have been more appropriate. After all, girls do seem to like it when their bottoms get some attention from their men 8-) . Good update. Thanks, Phil
It's possible that Olive "looks rather bored" during this spanking is because the temporarily befuddled Popeye thinks he is spanking an infant -- Swee'pea -- and therefore is not spanking very hard.

Chers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:

Olive would have to weigh about 5 times as much as Swee' pea. Is the cartoonist suggesting Popeye had early onsite senility?
No, Popeye was suffering from "Melankonkus" due to the shock of (temporarily) losing Swee'pea, and this resulted in the delusion that Olive was Swee'pea.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/01/2017

Post by web-ed »

First, a little unfinished business from our recent Popeye mini-series: I forgot to mention that I updated the Comics Spanking Data Base with some more info on some Popeye spankings we won't be seeing here because they involve Poopdeck Pappy and Swee'pea. Not that these scenes are of much interest, but they're properly recorded now, making a total of 17 spankings (including reprints) from this strip. There are also two more scenes I haven't recorded yet because I have only bad scans of them: The Sea Hag spanks a monster she created, and Popeye spanks the Sea Hag! I'll keep looking for them, or at least for the second one.

In fact, I had forgotten to update the Data Base for a couple of weeks now. That's bad - normally I do it right after uploading the updates themselves - but I really am so hard-pressed these days it's all I can do to get one update done per week. Fortunately, our Resident Artists have taken up some of the slack.

Next, we turn our attention to Brenda Starr: I have a three-week mini-series planned, with two updates to existing spankings #1 and #3, and then a welcome surprise: Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: also discovered a previously unsuspected Spanking #4! That one is scheduled for two weeks from now, on Dec. 15. On top of that, I have had one of Tim's drawings in the files for at least a couple of years, waiting for another comic strip series to make it a part of.

This week's update: Brenda Starr #1 - new scan!

Next Week: New scan and much more info on Brenda Starr spanking #3! :)
-- Web-Ed